Nationwide recognise that our people are our greatest asset and are central to our success. We also recognise the skills shortage and ageing workforce in our industry, so believe that it is vitally important to invest and bring through the next generation of skilled individuals for the future of the industry.
The Nationwide Apprenticeship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities both geographically and by subject area both technical and commercial apprenticeships including:
- MET/Strip Fitting
- Vehicle Damage Assessment
- Customer Service
- Parts Management
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Nationwide have recently run and developed, in partnership with one of our training providers, a Multi-Skill Apprenticeship route. Apprentices will achieve a level 2 multi-skilled qualification in each repair discipline (Panel, Paint and M.E.T.) before choosing one discipline to further focus on to achieve a Level 3 NVQ.
We have listened to the feedback from our previous apprentices about what would benefit them and how best to engage with future apprentices on the programme. This has resulted in having a flexible approach, where our apprentices get to know other aspects of the business, spending time on reception, working in the parts department and with VDA’s to gain a greater understanding of the wider operation. This approach has received really positive feedback.
- The chance to start your career with UK’s leading accident repair company
- The opportunity to earn whilst you learn and gain valuable bodyshop experience
- A dedicated mentor at you Nationwide Bodyshop
- Block release training with one of Nationwide’s training partners
- Full advantages of becoming a Nationwider, including benefits and rewards.
- A desire to learn and a passion for what you want to do.
- Enthusiasm and ‘can do’ attitude
- A keen interest in cars and automotive
- The ability to learn from trainers, managers, mentors and colleagues
- Development to progress into a full-time position in chosen discipline.
Another unique aspect to the Nationwide Apprenticeship Programme is the Nationwide Challenge. This is a week long experience at an outbound centre, which not only enhances technical skills, but develops students as an individual and shapes people’s skills through various activities and challenges. These are designed to develop skills such as team work, understanding others and their potential for taking on new challenges towards a rewarding career.
Meet some of Nationwides previous Apprentices …
Contact the Nationwide Talent Team
Nationwide Crash Repair Centre,
2 Princess Way,
Team Valley Trading Estate,
Tyne and Wear,